Suggestions for making the most of your storage space.
- Try to use boxes that are all the same size. They are easier to fit and stack.
- Try to store frequently used items up front so it is easier to find them when needed.
- Leave a small walkway in the middle of your unit so it is easier to access items in back.
- Create a simple diagram of the unit to make it easier to locate objects once the unit is full.
- When you’re taking apart anything with a lot of cords or connections, it’s a good idea to put small colored stickers on the cord and the same colored sticker on the item where the cord goes. This helps with electronics and computer equipment. It’s also best to store them in their original boxes if available.
- Take apart beds and tables to save space. Just make sure you label the pieces to make it easier once it’s time to put everything back together.
- When storing a refrigerator, keep the door open a little bit. This will prevent mold from growing inside.
- The best way to make the most of your space is to stack things as high to the ceiling as possible. Store couches on end to maximize space.